Preparing to Work in Schools – Level 1 Award
This qualification prepares you for further learning and training whilst developing an understanding of the teaching and learning environment in a school setting. It covers areas such as how to support the well-being of a child or young person and child and young person development.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is aimed at students who are thinking of working in a school setting including: young people, mature learners, learners with special educational needs or where English is an additional language.
CACHE - Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
There are no mandatory units for this qualification. You will be able to select from a wide range of optional units to meet your individual needs. These will be discussed with you by our specialist staff to inform your choices and support you to achieve your future career goals.
- Understand schools as organisations
- Understand how to keep children and young people healthy, safe and well
- Understand how to communicate with children, young people and adults
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include:
- Written Assignments
- Direct Observations
- Reflective Accounts
- Witness Statements
- Work Products
You can progress onto...
- The Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges or
- The Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
- This qualification does not qualify you to work but it does support you in preparing for your next steps either in training or moving towards work.
- You should be at least 16 years old.
- Entry 3 or above achieved at initial assessment in English, maths and ICT.
- Need a DBS clearance to progress to higher levels
Tuition is free for students ages 16-18.
Course costs to those aged 19+ will vary and are subject on course duration and type (Award, Certificate, and Diploma).
Additional Financial Support
Student bursary is available to subsidise learning, travel and food costs to those who are eligible aged 16-18 through a means tested assessment.