Advanced Practitioner in Schools – Level 4 Certificate
This qualification provides professional development opportunities for practitioners working in the school and college workforce. This qualification will embrace your wealth of experience, proven knowledge and skills in a teaching and learning environment. It will challenge both daily practice and theoretical understanding.
You will acquire and use skills of leadership, mentoring, coaching and reflection as you complete the qualification through work-based learning opportunities.
Upon achievement of this qualification, you will be equipped as an Advanced Practitioner. The Advanced Practitioner will use crucial leadership skills to mentor others across all roles and responsibilities in the school or college workforce.
Who is this course for?
The qualification is aimed at students who are employed in suitable roles within schools or colleges. Knowledge and understanding that comes from working in schools or colleges is a requirement for this qualification.
CACHE - Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges
Mandatory units include:
- Enabling individuals to learn
- Understand how to support children and young people to improve their mental health and well-being
- Working with others to support individuals with additional needs and disability in a school or college
- Working with families and other professionals in a school or college setting
- Implementing change in school or college setting
Students will then be able to select the optional route they wish to study and select multiple optional units which suits their career goals.
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include:
- Written Assignments
- Direct Observations
- Reflective Accounts
- Witness Statements
- Work Products
This qualification may be used alongside other qualifications to progress onto higher education.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
- Higher Level Practitioner/Teaching Assistant
- Internal Progression At A Higher Level, Including Those With Management Responsibilities
- Leadership, Mentoring, Supervision and Management Opportunities
- be over 18 and employed in a suitable role within a school or college
- Previous level 3 study is a clear advantage, but wealth of experience, knowledge and understanding working in schools or colleges is a requirement for this qualification.
- Level 2 or above achieved at initial assessment in English, maths and ICT.
- Undertake compulsory work placement for 1 day per week within a school setting.
- Need a DBS clearance.
This course is only available through a privately funded route – prices are available on request.