Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools – Level 2 Certificate
This qualification will develop the knowledge and skills needed when supporting teaching and learning in primary, secondary or special schools. It covers a wide range of areas including children and young people’s development, supporting those with disabilities or special educational needs and communication and professional relationships.
It is also a must-have for all those undertaking the Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning Apprenticeship.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is working in a role that supports pupils’ learning.
CACHE – Teaching and Learning in Schools – Level 2
Functional Skills In Maths, English, ICT (as required)
This qualification is comprised of 9 mandatory units:
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
And a choice of 3 optional unit groups of your choice.
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include:
- Written Assignments
- Direct Observations
- Reflective Accounts
- Witness Statements
The Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning qualifications group.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Special Educational Needs Assistant
- Entry 3 or above achieved at initial assessment in English, maths and ICT.
- Study maths, ICT and English Functional skills as part of this study programme based on pre-qualifications (Unless you have a Level 4 or above GCSE).
- Commitment to undertake compulsory work placement for 1 day per week within a school setting.
- Need a DBS clearance.
Tuition is free for students ages 16-18.
Course costs to those aged 19+ will vary and are subject on course duration and type (Award, Certificate, and Diploma).
Study as an Apprentice
This course is free to any aged student if studied as part of an apprenticeship. Click here to find out more.
Additional Financial Support
Student bursary is available to subsidise learning, travel and food costs to those who are eligible aged 16-18 through a means tested assessment.