Introduction to Health and Social Care and Children’s and Young Peoples’ Setting – Level 1 Award
This qualification will develop your knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s sectors. It includes the roles played by workers, from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others.
Who is this course for?
Anyone considering a career in health and/or social care with adults or children and young people.
You will be able to:
- develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
- gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
- tailor your learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
- Provides opportunities for the development of English, maths and ICT
12 Months or less
CACHE - Level 1 Award in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children's and Young People's Settings
Mandatory units include:
- Understand the range of service provision and roles within health and social care
- Understand the principles and values in health and social care
You will also be able to select from a range of optional units to meet your individual needs. These will be discussed with you by our specialist staff to inform your choices and support you to achieve your future career goals.
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include:
- Written Assignments
- Direct Observations
- Reflective Accounts
- Witness Statements
- The Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- The Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- The Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
This qualification does not qualify you to work but it does support you in preparing for your next steps either in training or moving towards work.
- You should be at least 16 years old.
- Entry 3 or above achieved at initial assessment in English, maths and ICT.
- Need a DBS clearance to progress to higher levels.
Tuition is free for students ages 16-18.
Course costs to those aged 19+ will vary and are subject on course duration and type (Award, Certificate, and Diploma).
Study as an Apprentice
This course is free to any aged student if studied as part of an apprenticeship. Click here to find out more.
Additional Financial Support
Student bursary is available to subsidise learning, travel and food costs to those who are eligible aged 16-18 through a means tested assessment.