Caring for Children – Level 1 Certificate
This qualification will develop your understanding of the knowledge and the skills needed to care for young children. It covers children’s growth, learning and development. There are also units to help with self-development.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for you if you are considering a career in caring for children. It could also support you with re-engaging with learning and break down barriers to you entering the childcare workforce.
12 Months or less
CACHE - Level 1 Certificate in Caring for Children
There are no mandatory units for this qualification. You will be able to select from a wide range of optional units to meet your individual needs. These will be discussed with you by our specialist staff to inform your choices and support you to achieve your future career goals.
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include:
- Written Assignments
- Direct Observations
- Reflective Accounts
- Witness Statements
- Work Products
- Level 1 Diploma in Caring for Children
- Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Level 2 Award in Babysitting
- Level 2 Award in Preparation for the Responsibilities of Parenting
- Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
Which types of job role can you apply for on completion?
This qualification does not qualify you to work but it does support you in preparing for your next steps either in training or moving towards work.
- You should be at least 16 years old.
- Entry 3 or above achieved at initial assessment in English, maths and ICT.
- Need a DBS clearance to progress to higher levels.
Tuition is free for students ages 16-18.
Course costs to those aged 19+ will vary and are subject on course duration and type (Award, Certificate, and Diploma).
Additional Financial Support
Student bursary is available to subsidise learning, travel and food costs to those who are eligible aged 16-18 through a means tested assessment.