Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
The Level 2 Diploma is an ideal starting point for those wanting to enter the beauty therapy industry. The programme will provide you with a good understanding of a range of beauty treatments and will enable the development of skills which will prepare you for progression onto further study in this area or into employment.
Our beauty therapy level 2 diploma has been designed so that you will have the advantage of learning and working in a real beauty therapy environment through our work placements.
Who is this course for?
If you want to start a career in beauty therapy or are a newly employed trainee beauty therapists wishing to achieve a recognised qualification in hairdressing. This qualification provides the first step to a beauty career.
City & Guilds - Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Functional Skills - English, Maths, ICT (as required)
You will acquire the knowledge and understanding of the following Mandatory units:
- Health and Safety
- Promote additional services or products
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness
- Provide facial skin care treatments
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows or lashes
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
Optional Units include:
- Reception duties
- Ear piercing
- Provide make-up services
- Skin camoflauge
- Assist with spa operations
Assessment may be in the salon or at training centre and will include:
- Observation of practical skills
- Oral questioning
- Written or online tests
- Written assignments
- A portfolio of evidence as required by the awarding organisaton
- Tests and / or observations for the Functional Skills Programme (dependent on prior qualifications).
Location of Training
- Practical and theory will be delivered at the GetaHead Training site of Head to Toe Beauty, Retford.
- Work based assessment could be delivered in the learner’s own salon (by a Head Toe Beauty Assessor) subject to unique unit requirements or by an approved in salon work based assessor.
This course will prepare you to progress to the level 3 in Beauty Therapy, (Advanced Apprenticeship). It will enable you to become junior Beauty Therapist status or move into many more careers, see the Habia Website.
This course is designed those wishing to start a career in beauty therapy and you will therefore need:
- A regular work placement of two days or more.
- Entry 3 or above obtained on English and Maths initial assessment tests.
- Commitment to purchase necessary tools, equipment and learning materials.
- Commitment to complete private study of 2 - 4 hours in learner’s own time.
- Eligibility for funding confirmed during interview.
Tuition is free for students ages 16-18.
Course costs to those aged 19+ will vary and are subject on course duration and type (Award, Certificate, and Diploma).
Study as an Apprentice
This course is free to any aged student if studied as part of an apprenticeship. Click here to find out more.
Additional Financial Support
Student bursary is available to subsidise learning, travel and food costs to those who are eligible aged 16-18 through a means tested assessment.